A couple days here in the life.

Here is a short time lapse video I put together last hitch. In case you were wondering what running the boat in Fourchon and offshore is like….well now you don’t have to wonder!

About newenglandwaterman

1600 Master Near Coastal, Master of Towing Vessels, and a whole binder full of other pieces of paper. You can find me at the controls, hooked up and hard over, when I'm not at home playing with the dogs
This entry was posted in General Ramblings and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to A couple days here in the life.

1. Kaiser Sozay says:

What, no music with that video?

2. zolljl says:

too bad the Naval deployments didn’t roll by this fast!!! Thanks for the tour….

3. lifeat6mph says:

interesting video. it looks like you guys spend a lot of time in reverse. are the boats set up in any special way for that?

4. Brian Busby says:

Very nice video. I have been making little videos with my GoPro but still learning to use batch processor to shrink the pics. I work for E.C.O. as well kinda moving around the Chevron Boats while I complete my DP time.

5. Thanks for the comments everyone! We spend 75% of our time at the aft wheelhouse controls when port, and nearly all of our time there at the rig.

Brian- Do they have many even time boats in the chevron division?

• Brian Busby says:

Not many, I know several people that talk about doing it but they can’t get every one involved to go along with it.

6. Pingback: So you want to run a mudboat

7. Mike Borkowski says:

Awesome video!

8. G. Chouest says:

We are already short handed on capable and experienced officers, with new builds continuing to hit the water. It takes a minimum of 3 bridge officers for a successful 28/14 rotation. To do even time, it would take 4. We are to short handed at the present time. Do the math, even time will not work right now.

9. captainwjm says:

Nice video; thanks.

10. Thanks for the comments and views everyone! Also thank you Mr. Gary for the comment, as well as the job I really do love.